Claire A. Huse
Executive management leader with almost 30 years of experience across financial services. Extensive background in strategic planning, corporate and department start‐up, growth, and management, legislative reporting, oversight of commercial loan operations, regulatory & credit compliance, construction risk management, credit underwriting, risk assessment, customer relationship development and service, and corporate training and staff development. Experienced in all aspects of Small Business Administration (SBA) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) lending from loan origination, credit analysis/underwriting, closing/funding, and loan servicing/portfolio management. Successfully completed the corporate restructuring and privatization of Florida First Capital Finance Corporation.
- Managing Director at Calhoun Sands Valuation & Advisory. Specialized experience is focused on corporate strategy and growth, customer relationship development and management, government lending consulting/compliance and feasibility study analysis development.
- Senior Vice President/Senior Credit Analyst/Senior Appraisal Reviewer at Fidelity Bank, N.A. Experience includes over 5 years of commercial appraisal review experience across a broad range of property types on a local, regional and national basis. Responsible for staff training and development, SBA/USDA loan credit and compliance review, vendor management, system development of new credit platform, risk rating and loan tracking system and special project development including strategic planning, redevelopment and refinement of a loan profitability model and loan default model utilizing a multi‐variable regression model.
- Vice President/Senior Underwriter at Florida Business Development Corp. d/b/a Georgia Small Business Capital. Responsible for loan underwriting and credit risk assessment and compliance for all commercial SBA 504 loans in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.
- Vice President/SBA Senior Loan Underwriter at SunTrust Bank, Inc. Member of core group of credit analysts hired for start‐up and growth of initial SBA Department. Responsible for loan underwriting, compliance, and credit risk assessment for all SBA 7(a), SBA 504, and SBA Express loans. Responsible for proposing and approving credit applications, revisions to credit limits, interest rates and loan structures for qualified borrowers.
- Senior Vice President/Executive Director at Florida First Capital Finance Corporation. Transformed the company from a government entity to a private, self‐sufficient company and redefined the company’s credit and sales culture. Led and maintained the lending business within the top 5 nationwide, No. 2 in Florida, authorizing on average 200 to 300 approvals per year. Directly responsible for all aspects of small business loan generation, underwriting, credit risk assessment, portfolio and program management, corporate training and staff development, corporate compliance, and customer relationship development and management. Spearheaded the review of thousands of SBA 504 loan applications, including credit approval prior to presentation and ratification by the Board of Directors. Assessed status of a portfolio of over 2,000 loans through monthly review with loan servicing staff and senior staff.
Graduate Studies, Business/Finance, Florida State University (FSU)
Bachelor of Arts, History, Southern Adventist University (SAU)
Beta Gamma Sigma – National Honor Society (FSU), Business
Phi Alpha Theta – National Honor Society (SAU), History